Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Lesson today is be yourself... My mother is a Joy!


This wedding mkpokwa Oku na onu! My mother is here cracking me up! The woman is too funny but she really doesn't know it. Sometimes when she does or says something funny she'd think we are laughing at her but really we are laughing with her. She's so cute. 
I know some people are like, "I can't go to parties with my mother". but for me that's not the case o!  Most Naija parties I go to, I go with my mum and she is so much fun. She will get up and dance with me, we'd gossip about people...etc etc. We have fun. lol.
Ok so we were at this traditional wedding last night/tonight and we sat at this table with a bunch of able women. That's what We call the Naija obodo oyibo nurses here. You know they are working their butts off and getting that money. Most of them are single handedly taking care of their families, so my mum and I refer to them as able women. 

Well through out the night they kept talking about their kids and their achievements. One said her daughter got into Harvard for dental school, the other said Princeton. The other lady with the prettiest eyes and skin i had ever seen said her son was graduating MIT next year. I was listening and was impressed o! I starting feeling a little inadequate so I turned to my mother...

Me: mummie ah brag on me too na. See them bragging about their children's schools.
Mum: let them talk na... Your school dey for our backyard. Ke ka anyi ga esi bragiiaa ya? ( how we go take brag that one...lol)
Me: ehn don't tell them that one. Tell them me too got into Harvard. 
Mum: which one is that?
Me: it's the no 1 school in America. 
Mum: Hian! Chim o! Lekwa Anya ukwu(see greediness). So na number 1 dey hungry you? Nne ehn...people like you do not know how to lie. You are going for number 1? Start lower... Like number 5. Make it more believable. 
Me: lmbo! Ok o! Mummie. Oya tell them Rice.
Mum: Rice? I thought you said you wanted to lose weight? I saw you eat a plate already. I haven't married you off o! Slow down Biko. 
Me: Rotflmao! Mummie o! Mummie! Jisox o! Ah! I don't mean that rice o! I mean Rice University. Rice wu aha (is the name of) a very famous University na Texas. 
Mum: rice? Rice? Gini na ari ndi Ocha?( what wrong with Oyibo people?). What kind of name is Rice for a school? Them get beans? lol
Me: lmbo

Anyway we both got weak from laughter and transferred the excitement to the dance floor. Trying to be someone you are not is hard work Biko. I will stick with my state school. 
And o you know the woman that said her child got into Harvard Dental school? I met the daughter and she said its Howard Dental school. I actually laughed and she wondered why I was laughing. lol.
Moral of the story? Be yourself. Love yourself. God go make you bigger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment