Saturday, December 14, 2013

Leo's Dimples


My Friend Karen was having her birthday party at her apartment. The big 25! For weeks she didn't let person hear word because na so so birthday talk she dey vomit. Hahaha... It was a mile stone birthday so who could blame her. Not me
I met Karen on facebook. Facebook o! Facebook. I remember back in 2007 i had just opened my page and i didn't have alot of friends so I'd just click on add friend on any one's picture i thought looked good on my homepage. She said hi to me a couple of years later after l liked her picture and that's how we became friends.! I met her a year later cos after graduation, she got a job in the city i lived in.

K is my big sister. One of the best people i know! She is amazing and we get along just fine despite the age difference between us. She is tall, dark skinned and so gorgeous. She taught me how to sew in my own weave, and how to shop for clothes without spending so much. We had little in common cos i am more reserved while Ms K is the life of the party. Anyway you get the picture.
She gave me the food contract for the party. I'm an amazing cook if i may say so myself. lol. I love cooking for people. The weird thing is i never cooked anything when i lived in Nigeria. My mother did all the cooking and i watched sometimes. When i got to the states, i started cooking and i was surprised i was pretty good. i love it when i cook and give out to friends and they ask for more. it makes my day.!
I knew it was going to be a big party with mostly Naija youth so i brought my A game. The day of the party i cooked everything from fried rice, to jollof rice to goat meat pepper soup. I also made meat pies. it was a Delicious  and appetizing setting.

The party was a full house! About 50 friends gathered to celebrate K. Her boyfriend was looking all handsome and proud of his girl. They were so cute and everyone kept oohing and ahhing over them. Ah! Young professionals in love. Hot couple. Who doesn't like or want that? lol
I had lost my glasses the day before so i could barely see peoples faces. I just winged it though as i said hi to people. I was frustrated because i really wanted to scope out the fine guys. hahaha. Well that didn't work cos the lights were blinding and my vision was all blurry. I retreated to the kitchen to make more meat pies. Did i forget to mention i made like 60 meat pies and somehow they were gone within minutes! The real party never even start then o. It made me happy though...that meant i made them good!

I went to work in le kitchen to whip up another batch. The music was loud and i was swaying to the songs in the kitchen. You cant hear Naija music playing and just stand there like standing fan. lol. You move. You shake something. You let loose. Don Jazzy dont make those beats for nothing. hahaha. I loved that i was by myself and having a good time. I turned to the sink to get a pitcher of water and just then i heard a voice right behind me say something. I was so startled i dropped my pitcher and water splashed all over the floor and on us. I turned to the strange voice  and started apologizing.  I could knew it was a guy but i had water and shame in my eyes so i didn't really want to see his face. The strange voice started laughing and saying sorry too. He handed me a rag to clean my myself. That's when i looked at him. I still couldn't really see his face cos he was standing right under the lights. I could see one thing on his face clearly though...his deep dimpled cheeks. Mr Dimples ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment