Monday, December 9, 2013

Of Bathrooms and Showers...




I work night shifts so you know that by the time morning comes, I'm a sweaty mess. So tell me why I still smell better than my oncoming co workers Biko? This matter just aggravates me! 

Ok so oyibo people, most of them I work with anyway have this thing they do. They don't shower in the mornings! Why you may ask? My dear Because they showered the night before o, they think it's ok to not repeat the shower again in the morning. I've been told severally by different people i know that showering in the morning may make them late to work or school. What? 

Oh c'mon! Showers take 5-10mins! So jumping in and washing your body in the shower for a couple of mins will make you late? How? Don't you have alarm clock? I'm confused...
It's not like they have to go through what I went through and some of my Naija people today still go through most mornings. You have to wake up and go fetch water at the nearest tap, then come home and boil the water. Mix it up and go take a bath. But its not so for them! The shower is right there! Like right there inside their bedroom and infront of their korokoro eyes! And its Got running hot water! Like how hard is it Biko? I won't ever understand it.

How can I? I've been through the no water phase. When I was in Nigeria, I had to wake up at the crack of dawn most mornings and load up my Jerry cans in the wheelbarrow. With sleepy eyes and a tired body I make my way to the bore hole to pay for my water and fill up my cans. Then I have to wheel the heavy Jerry cans back to my house and pour them all into the big water drum. It was the hard life o! Chei! I don't miss it.lol. I appreciate the experience though...made me into the grateful girl I am today. 

Americans are too spoiled mehn...Some of them I want to shake vigorously and say appreciate what you have!!!!!!!!! Good gad! What some people in less privileged countries/places would do to be in your shoes. 
This is just the case of not knowing what you have... Smdh**

No comments:

Post a Comment