Friday, January 24, 2014

My American Army Boy Contd...


Good "Badt" Boy: He had a lil goatee, was really dark skinned and muscular. Err...he wasn't really tall though. The scar on his face plus the "uniform" gave him major swag points. He also had a motorcycle, so he was just the picture of the bad boy Mum tells us to stay away from. Except he was a good bad boy because he was selflessly dedicating his life to protect and serve the country. After he got my number, Mpezi's boyfriend joined us and we all just had a nice time laughing and hanging out. It was a nice gathering and he seemed like a great guy...

Missed calls: From the first day he was always calling. He'd call me in the morning, afternoon and night. It was cute at first, then it became irritating. I started to avoid his calls... Id make up silly excuses. I even had to lie that my close grandfather died to to get him off my back for a lil.  I told him i need to be with my family to grieve. Dont worry i never saw any of my grandfathers. They were long gone before i made it into the world. lol. Anyway the lie had the opposite effect though...he blew up my phone and i had 20 missed calls in one sitting(day). When i finally answered he wanted to know if i was ok. He wanted to come console me and help me through my hard time. I know that sounds cute and all to y'all but to me i was like "good gad! Would you let a babe breathe?". lol. Oh Don was something...

Validation: Whenever he'd call, he always went in deep. By the second phone call he was all like, he has been waiting for me. Mpezi always spoke so highly of me and he couldn't wait for me to be all his. By the third phone call he threw in the word love... Dang! I was 19 and he was 26 or so! He was scaring me and i wasn't feeling it at all...Maybe i would have if he took it slow. But homeboy was just all out there and suffocating me. He always wanted to know what i liked about him. I remember telling him that i like that he is brave and kind. Apparently homeboy wasn't looking for intellectual reply. He wanted the physical answer and i knew better. I just said he had a great smile... and he kept asking and asking and asking and asking... He'd send me pictures(nothing dirty) and ask my opinion on them. Its like he just wanted me to praise his looks. He wanted me to wash, dry, iron and fold him. lol. I hate doing laundry anyway so he met the wrong girl. Sometimes I wanted to scream "What do you want me to say?". Inukwa nu-m case. lol.  I never let him talk dirty to me though, i always changed the subject whenever he wanted to go all sexual. He was tiring and weeks felt like months. lol.

Date time: After about two weeks of his calls and lengthy emotional texts, i talked to Mpezi. I didn't really want to talk bad about her "soon to be husband's best friend", so i just told her that i am not ready to be in a relationship. She asked if i didn't like Don and i dodged the question. I was relaxing and hanging with my friend and guess who shows up? Army Boy! Mpezi had told him i was at her place. My heart sank when he walked in mehn... and i had told Mpezi i was gonna hang with her all day long. Of course she told Army Boy and that's how within the next minute i found myself reluctantly going out with him. I couldn't get out of it. The dinner was all chill and stuff and he actually talked about reasonable things. I had a good time. Then we walked to the Walgreen's across the street to buy some stuff. On our way back, he suggested we go to the movies. I sharply turned that one down...Me ke? Inside the dark Cinema room with this one? Na lie! I trusted myself but i didnt trust him. He was very disappointed and tried to convince me to change my mind...I didn't. We got back into the car and he drove me back to Mpezi's. As i was about to open the door and get out of the car, the guy just drew me back to kiss me. Haaaaaaa...I was ready for him na. I already knew about that amateur move so i jejedly put my head down and my lips finely tucked into my mouth. He got my head though and my yaki hair helped me take whatever it was he dished out. My weave protected me from feeling anything on my skin. lol. Thank God. I swiftly got out of the car , waved an awkward goodbye and then ran towards Mpezi's apartment. I remember i prayed to God he wouldn't follow me back in. He didn't. lol Amen someborri :D

Marriage: He called me that night a bunch of times but i never did answer. The next day he called again and asked why i didn't kiss him. I then told him i would never kiss someone I'm not married to. hahahaha... But i wasn't joking. That was my conviction then. After that he didn't call me for almost three days! That was the strangest thing ever and it was then i realized that Ive never actually called him. Hes the only one that has been doing the calling. I felt the need to check up on him so i texted him and asked if he was ok. Big mistake! He called and said he wanted to see me. I dont know why but i was curious so i told him where i was. I swear to God this guy called me back in exactly five minutes that he was outside. How? Let me not go there. Hahahaaha... We went to one Thai restaurant that was close by to eat. Nothing prepared me for what this guy started saying. He was like he has never been turned down by a female before, he thinks I'm a good girl and that Id make a good wife. Homeboy said hes been waiting for me all his life and he'd like for me to be his wife. He also said its always been his dream to marry a virgin bride. I mean seriously... I'm not even kidding. lol. The boy craze no be for here o! If you see the kind Confusion that took over my body ehn... Chai! My poor appetite was gone. I had to ask him if he was kidding. He started up again about how hes gonna be a military doctor and how I'm set for life money wise etc etc...The summer heat and the sheer madness in front of me had me hyperventilating. The AC inside the restaurant was on but my body no gree. I was sweating buckets! lol

Long story short. Of course i told him no. He kept calling me for like a week and this time around i never answered any of the calls. I sent him a text on the 8th to wish him good luck in everything and i told him to stop calling me. I call him Don828. It started on the July 8th his birthday and ended August 8th. Phew! The longest One month of my life...lol. At least i have a story about a man in uniform. Do you? hahahahahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment